The aerospace and defense industries are growing. The former is a result of falling crude oil prices and rising passenger travel demands, while the latter stems from increasing global security threats. In both cases, the positive growth necessitates more investment in manufacturing operations. For companies creating parts and products for the aerospace and defense industries, outsourcing to an experienced and knowledgeable company—such as Salt Lake Cable—serves as a manufacturing solution that offers greater flexibility and lower labor and overhead costs.
At Salt Lake Cable, we are an AS9100 certified and ITAR registered contract manufacturer specializing in custom cable assemblies, wire harnesses, and electromechanical assemblies. While the majority of our business comes from the medical industry, we offer our services to customers across a diverse set of industries, including aerospace and defense.
For aerospace and defense projects, our team accommodates high-mix production in low to medium volumes. Armed with decades of manufacturing experience, extensive engineering knowledge, and meticulous attention to detail, our team produces product solutions that meet even the most demanding cable and wire harness assembly requirements.
Manufacturing Challenges in the Aerospace & Defense Industries
In the aerospace and defense industries, part and product manufacturers face many challenges. As components are often subjected to harsh environmental conditions—e.g., fluctuating temperatures and pressures—they must be designed with durability and longevity in mind. Additionally, many of the components used in critical equipment and systems feature complex and intricate designs that must be manufactured with high precision and accuracy to function as intended.
Our Aerospace and Defense Products
The Salt Lake Cable team builds cable, wire, and electromechanical assemblies suitable for use in a wide range of aerospace and defense devices and systems. While some companies may shy away from the precision, accuracy, and delicacy required for these critical components, we have the knowledge and skills to create rugged and reliable product solutions that fully meet customer and industry standards.
Some examples of the devices and systems for which we produce products include:
- GPS, guidance, and navigation control systems
- Radar and sonar systems
- Telecommunication systems
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Why Partner With Salt Lake Cable?
By partnering with us for their cable, wire, and electromechanical assembly needs, customers in the aerospace and defense industries benefit from our:
- Industry experience. As an experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled contract manufacturer, we serve as a top choice subcontractor for Department of Defense (DOD) contractors and vendors. We offer Spec 3 IPC build capabilities—the relevant manufacturing standard for mission-critical defense components. Additionally, our AS9100 certification is indicative of the quality of our aerospace production processes.
- Commitment to confidentiality. We accommodate unique disclosure and non-disclosure agreements, as is necessary by the customer.
- Traceability capabilities. By keeping production in-house, we maintain oversight over the entire manufacturing process. This quality allows us to keep track of what we build, how we build it, what testing operations we employ, and what final specs we achieve.
For additional information about our contract manufacturing capabilities and how we serve the aerospace and defense industries, contact us today.