At Salt Lake Cable, we are an ISO 9001 and AS9100C certified contract manufacturer specializing in custom cable assemblies, wire harnesses, and electromechanical assemblies. While we offer our services to customers across a wide range of industries, over 80% of our business comes from medical industry professionals.
The US medical equipment and supplies sector is both large and dynamic. As average lifespans and chronic disease rates rise, so too does the demand from diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. We do our part in meeting this demand by manufacturing custom medical cable and wire assemblies for technological innovators in the medical sector. Equipped with extensive industry experience and engineering knowledge, our team can meet virtually any product need, regardless of where the customer is in the product life cycle.
Manufacturing Challenges in the Medical Industry
In the medical industry, quality is critical. The smallest flaw or variation—even in the tiniest of parts—can have adverse effects on the health and well-being of patients. As such, it is essential to implement rigorous testing protocols to ensure finished parts and products fully meet the requirements and restrictions of the application.
Our Medical Industry Products
The Salt Lake Cable team produces cable, wire, and electromechanical assemblies for medical diagnostic and therapeutic equipment in prototype and production volumes. Some examples of the devices and systems for which we produce products include:
- Diagnostic and imaging components (e.g., control panels and switches) and full-scale devices (e.g.,
CT, MRI, and X-ray scanners)
- Laboratory equipment (e.g., connection wires for printed circuit boards)
- Therapeutic devices (e.g., custom cables, IV and infusion pumps, and hospital beds)
Why Partner With Salt Lake Cable?
By choosing us as their source for cable, wire, and electromechanical assembly solutions, medical industry customers benefit from our:
- Broad industry experience. Our team is well-versed in working with medical companies and their engineers. This experience gives us insight into how cable and wire assemblies should function, which we use to ensure the custom products we design, develop, and deliver meet high quality, safety, and reliability standards regardless of the therapeutic or diagnostic application. We offer build capabilities for Spec 3 IPC components.
- Fully equipped facility. Our facility is equipped with a potting room, which allows us to mix the bonding agents and other materials needed to cover wires and cables. This protective coating allows the component to function in environments with a breathable atmosphere or fluid exposure without risk of damage or degradation.
- Dedication to quality. Our 10 person quality assurance team is headed by a Director of Quality with an engineering degree. Whether working the floor or the front office, all members of our inspection team maintain IPC certifications. Additionally, while we adhere to the RoHS, AS9100, ISO 9001, and CLS guidelines in our prototyping and production operations, we continually revise our process to meet even higher quality standards.
- Fast turnaround times. When it comes to patient health, urgency is paramount. We offer short lead times for first articles and prototypes, which helps shorten overall production timelines for critical medical equipment.
For additional information about our contract manufacturing capabilities and how we serve the medical industry, contact us today.